Understanding the metaverse utilities and added value
MetAmazonia's mertaverse reflects our real-world private reserve for sustainable development in the Amazon rainforest. In addition, MetAmazonia's metaverse promotes research and development projects, which can result in innovations and technologies that benefit humankind.
- 1.Forest Conversation - Conservation of one of the largest private reserves in Brazil and the Amazon rainforest.
- 2.Biodiversity Protection - protection of more than 400 different endangered and rare species of flora and fauna.
- 3.Traditional Communities Development - sustainable development of 15 traditional communities, including health, education, women empowerment, infrastructure, and income generation
- 4.Climate Impact - mitigation of 2 million tons of CO2
Real world data is a crucial component of MetAmazonia's ecosystem, which includes monitoring and reporting on forest conservation, biodiversity protection, climate change, CO2 emissions, and social impact. In collaboration with ACIDHUB/ESRI, our GeoBI ecosystem employs a range of technologies such as real-time data, satellite monitoring, drones, and photogrammetry using various sources of imagery to track changes in water levels, tree cover, build area, clouds, bare ground, and more. Our monitoring and reporting also extend to climate and CO2 emissions, where we use remote and on-the-ground methods to create projections and patterns for both issues. Additionally, our baseline research helps us measure our impact on local communities and generate reports on social impact and ESG.
The use of audio sensors, video cameras, and weather stations will provide valuable insights into the forest's biodiversity and weather patterns. Orbital sensors and machine learning algorithms will help identify hotspots of illegal deforestation and other environmental threats, allowing for more targeted conservation efforts. Additionally, the combination of drone mapping and machine learning will enable more efficient and cost-effective production of acai berries and other products, benefiting local communities and the environment.
- 1.Audio sensors and Video cameras - AmaLand holders will have the chance to buy or even receive those devices in their plot on the ground, making it possible to observe and listen to the forest in real time, enhancing its monitoring!
- 2.Weather stations - through IoT it will be possible to connect all of those technologies into MetAmazonia to simulate the real weather conditions within the metaverse.
- 3.Orbital Sensors - orbital high-frequency pass-through sensors, besides geo-climatic satellites that monitor hotspots and illegal deforestation in the Amazon.
- 4.Machine learning and AI - through the combination of these technologies and physical devices it will be possible to generate a rich package of data, creating a range of different applications. For example, with drone mapping and machine learning, it will be possible to pinpoint the exact location of açai trees, which impacts logistics, costs, and production. These projects, developed as part of AmaTech, will be open to AmaLand holders, including a stake of rights.
- 1.Conferences, events, workshops, courses, shows - people will be able to join all of these in the second phase of the metaverse through the purchase of AmaLand or the ticket to the event itself.
- 2.Employee training sessions - companies will be qualified to showcase and create dynamics for their employees through the metaverse.
In the near future users will be possible to join and interact with those events
Through our partner ZOAN, we will pre-model the spaces so the holders can use them for different purposes:
- 1.Corps & Institutions
a. Showroom, store
b. Multi purposes centre (events, workshops, stores, etc)
a. Classroom, R&D centres, and labs
a. Tree-top houses and cabanas
All of those will be unlocked in the second phase of the metaverse, along with the multiplayer feature. These are some of the examples for different audiences and uses cases inside MetAmazonia, the foundation will create those and make it available to the public
Also in the second phase, our idea is to make our explorable universe more interactive, engaging the users in different types of gamified experiences, such as:
- 1.Tutorials - of any type, it is possible to create different tutorials in MetAmazonia for example, how the harvesting of açai or nuts happens, how to arrive in the Reserve, and much more.
- 2.Training courses, quizzes, challenges - creating experiences to make the user interact more inside the metaverse, like finding hidden objects and answering questions.
- 3.Serious games to demonstrate processes and products - it is possible to show the processing of certain products, allowing companies to show their employees how the final product is done in only a few minutes.
- 4.Play 2 Learn